Due to the abundance of State and City directives regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Manhattan Community Board 4 office will be closed and working remotely. We can be reached via email and phone. Phone messages will be retrieved and responded to in a timely manner.
We can be reached via email at:
- Jesse Bodine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nelly Gonzalez: email@example.com
- Janine Pretente: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the time being, all public meetings will be held via phone/video conference, as directed by NYS Executive Order No. 202.1. Links to the conferences will be posted in advance on our calendar page and will be going out via social media and e-blast.
NYC Phase Three Reopening
On Monday, July 6, The City of New York entered Phase 3 of New York Forward, Governor Cuomo’s plan to reopen New York State. Phase 3 industries include:.
- Nail Salons
- Tanning Salons
- Tattoo and Piercing Shops
- Other Appearance Enhancement Practitioners
- Certain Recreational Activities (basketball, handball and tennis courts, dog runs, volleyball, bocce, and soccer)
As with Phase 1 and 2, Phase 3 industries must sign and affirm the guidelines for each business/industry and have a business safety plan in place. Businesses can call the reopening hotline for assistance.
Hotline: (888) 727-4692
Restaurants: Indoor Dinning Updates
Indoor dining, which was supposed to resume at limited capacity during Phase 3, has been postponed indefinitely due to a surge of COVID-19 cases seen across the country caused by reopening of indoor dining. Instead, outdoor dining will be expanded using the Open Streets Program and will be available until Labor Day, September 7th. Establishments on streets that are not part of the Open Streets program can apply for expanded seating starting July 17th.
View the NYC Open Restaurants Data
View the NYC Open Streets
Watch Ready New York: COVID-19. It’s important for New Yorkers to be prepared for all emergencies, including public health emergencies like COVID-19. NYC Emergency Management has produced these videos with information on how to make a plan, gather supplies, stay informed, and more.
- 紐約做好準備:COVID 19
- Video de preparación en español sobre COVID-19
- COVID-19 Preparedness video in English/ASL
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheets are available in 30+ languages
- Department of Buildings Information
- Resources for Seniors
- Financial Resources
- How You Can Help
- Additional Resources (Supporting Local Businesses, Grocery & Pharmacy Hours, Virtual Entertainment, Assistance for Students, Info for Healthcare Workers, Legal Info)
- Tenant/Housing Resources – View MCB4 & HCC Virtual Forum on Tenant Protection & Housing Security
It is time to respond to the 2020 Census! Take this time to fill out your questionnaires. A complete and accurate count is critical for you and your community, because the results of the Census will affect community funding, congressional representation, and more.
You can complete the questionnaire online. It takes less than 10 minutes. You can also respond by phone.
The Census is available in 13 different languages and there are guides in 59 non-English languages. Please visit the Census page for more information.