Intro 2443-2021 by Margaret S. Chin
On Thursday, December 2, 2021, Manhattan CB2’s Land Use Committee held a joint meeting with the CB2 SoHo/NoHo Working Group to discuss Intro 2443-2021, which would increase penalties related to using joint living work quarters for artists contrary to zoning.
Following that meeting, CB2 issued a letter to elected officials about the legislation, which you can find here.
NYC Loft Board: Rule Changes
- General info about the structure and purpose of the Loft Board.
- A New York Times article from 1983 that should help set the scene.
- NYS Multiple Dwelling Law 7-C (aka MDL Article 7-C, the “Loft Law”) that established the NYC Loft Board (Section 282).
- Original notice of changes to Loft Board rules in City Record (on p. 2446).
- Map of IMD buildings in CB2