This page will contain all relevant information to the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan, including materials produced by Manhattan Community Board 2.
Key Upcoming Dates:
The SoHo/NoHo Working Group has scheduled several meetings to discuss the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan. All meetings will start at 6:30 PM. You may submit comments or questions to [email protected].
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Displacement of Existing Rent Regulated Units (View Recording)
- Tuesday, June 15: Impact on Historic Districts (View Recording)
- IN-PERSON Wednesday, June 23: First Public Hearing with Presentation from the Department of City Planning, St. Anthony, 155 Sullivan Street (Meeting will be live-streamed, but comments only will be taken in-person).
- Thursday, June 24: Second Public Hearing, via zoom
- Thursday, July 8: Third Public Hearing, via zoom
- Wednesday, July 14: Business Session, via zoom
CB2 has 60 days to review the ULURP application and expects to vote on it at our July 22, 2021 board meeting, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Uniform Land Use Review Process (ULURP)
- May 17, 2021 Plan Certified. The City Planning Commission (CPC)formally certified the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan application on May 17, 2021.
- View a recording of CPC’s Review Session and view the slides. The intro and presentation begin at the 13 minute mark followed by the Q&A Session at the 1 hour and 33 minute mark. Q&A by Commissioners: 1:33 to 2:06:15.
- Key Documents:
Winter 2021: Review Sessions
In Winter 2021, the Department of City Planning (DCP), Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Council Member Margaret Chin co-hosted three information sessions. “Each session, joined by involved city agencies, will focus on specific aspects of the Neighborhood Plan. This will be an opportunity to learn more and ask questions specific to the theme of each event including housing, quality of life in a community where businesses and residents live in close proximity, arts and culture and more. Input gathered from these sessions will help inform the ongoing work to further develop and refine the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan.” More information on each Info Session Series is available on the Department of City Planning’s SoHo NoHo Neighborhood Plan website.
- Feb. 3, 2021 Housing Update. View a recording.
- Feb. 25, 2021 Mixed-Use & Public Realm Update. View a recording.
- Mar. 30, 2021, Arts & Culture Update. View a recording.
Fall 2021: Draft Scope of Work
- View CB2’s December 2021 Resolution on the Draft Scope of Work and CB2’s December 8, 2020 public hearing on CB2’s Facebook page.
- View a recording of the DCP Public Scoping meeting on December 3, 2020.
- View the October 26, 2020 Draft Scope of Work and the Scoping Notice.
- On October 26, 2020, the DCP held a Public Information Session on the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan. A recording of the meeting and accompanying slides are available on the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan page.
- View the October 23, 2020 Environmental Assessment Statement.
- On October 7, 2020, Mayor Bill de Blasio formally announced the start of the Public Process for SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan.
2019: Envision SoHo/NoHo
- View the Envision SoHo/NoHo: Summary and Recommendations, November 2019, released by DCP, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Councilmember Margaret Chin.
- View the Envision SoHo/NoHo community engagement and planning process from January 2019 to November 2019. CB2 participated as a member of the Envision SoHo/NoHo Advisory Group.
View CB2’s April 2019 Resolution to inform CB2’s role in the Envision SoHo/NoHo process.