- This event has passed.
LAND USE Frederica Sigel, Chair
April 19 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- *Elevate Transit: Zoning for Accessibility (ZFA) Text Amendment – This proposal would expand zoning incentives (i.e., offer increases in bulk) for developments in high-density districts. It would also improve zoning rules to allow the MTA to locate access to subway stations within private developments and require property owners of developments near stations to proactively work with the MTA to provide station access easements and improvements. Sponsored by DCP in collaboration with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), City Council and the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD).
- *Discussion of Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer’s “Report from the Sustainable Affordable Housing Development Task Force”
- Presentation by Anthony Drummond (Director of Land Use, Housing and Planning for CM Margaret Chin) of the Councilmember’s Joint Testimony with BP Gale Brewer on the 2020 SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan Draft Scope of Work.
- *Discussion of Upzoning SoHo and NoHo: Why the City’s Rezoning Plan Will Decrease Socio-Economic Diversity and Reduce Net Affordable Housing. Presentation by Andrew Berman, Executive Director, Village Preservation.
- *Discussion of Department of City Planning’s three SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan Information Sessions:
Please register at the following link: