Summer 2021: CB2 Meetings (Including Public Hearings)
In the Summer of 2021, the Manhattan Community Board 2 SoHo/NoHo Working Group held several meetings to review the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan application, including Public Hearings. Dates and recordings for all but one of those meetings can be found below:
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Displacement of Existing Rent Regulated Units (View Recording)
- Tuesday, June 15: Impact on Historic Districts (View Recording)
- Wednesday, June 23: First Public Hearing with Presentation from the Department of City Planning, St. Anthony, 155 Sullivan Street (View Recording)
- Thursday, June 24: Second Public Hearing, via zoom (View Recording)
- Thursday, July 8: Third Public Hearing: P.S. 130 Auditorium, 143 Baxter St. (View Recording)
- Wednesday, July 14: Business Session: P.S. 130 Auditorium, 143 Baxter St.
- Tuesday, July 20: Business Session: CB2 Conference Room, 3 Washington Square Village (View Recording)
Below are some of the letters submitted to Manhattan CB2 in advance of the July 26th Full Board vote (resolution forthcoming):
- Historic Districts Council Testimony
- Cooper Square Committee
- Alexandr Neratoff
- Municipal Arts Society
- New York Landmarks Conservancy
- Sierra Club
Uniform Land Use Review Process (ULURP)
- May 17, 2021 Plan Certified. The City Planning Commission (CPC) formally certified the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan application on May 17, 2021.
- View a recording of CPC’s Review Session and view the slides. The intro and presentation begin at the 13 minute mark followed by the Q&A Session at the 1 hour and 33 minute mark. Q&A by Commissioners: 1:33 to 2:06:15.
- Key Documents:
Winter 2021: Review Sessions
In Winter 2021, the Department of City Planning (DCP), Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Council Member Margaret Chin co-hosted three information sessions. “Each session, joined by involved city agencies, will focus on specific aspects of the Neighborhood Plan. This will be an opportunity to learn more and ask questions specific to the theme of each event including housing, quality of life in a community where businesses and residents live in close proximity, arts and culture and more. Input gathered from these sessions will help inform the ongoing work to further develop and refine the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan.” More information on each Info Session Series is available on the Department of City Planning’s SoHo NoHo Neighborhood Plan website.
- Feb. 3, 2021 Housing Update. View a recording.
- Feb. 25, 2021 Mixed-Use & Public Realm Update. View a recording.
- Mar. 30, 2021, Arts & Culture Update. View a recording.
Fall 2021: Draft Scope of Work
- View CB2’s December 2021 Resolution on the Draft Scope of Work and CB2’s December 8, 2020 public hearing on CB2’s Facebook page.
- View a recording of the DCP Public Scoping meeting on December 3, 2020.
- View the October 26, 2020 Draft Scope of Work and the Scoping Notice.
- On October 26, 2020, the DCP held a Public Information Session on the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan. A recording of the meeting and accompanying slides are available on the SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan page.
- View the October 23, 2020 Environmental Assessment Statement.
- On October 7, 2020, Mayor Bill de Blasio formally announced the start of the Public Process for SoHo/NoHo Neighborhood Plan.
2019: Envision SoHo/NoHo
- View the Envision SoHo/NoHo: Summary and Recommendations, November 2019, released by DCP, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Councilmember Margaret Chin.
- View the Envision SoHo/NoHo community engagement and planning process from January 2019 to November 2019. CB2 participated as a member of the Envision SoHo/NoHo Advisory Group.
View CB2’s April 2019 Resolution to inform CB2’s role in the Envision SoHo/NoHo process.